Understanding the Pricing Calendar
The calendar shows recommended prices for each available night in the
future. You might notice that each day has a different price - and this
is the magic of dynamic pricing! In general, the prices fluctuate around
the base price (either calculated by us, or provided by you) based on
the following factors, and you should be able to see those in action:
- Season (time of the year, peak vs. lean season)
- Day of week (weekends vs weekday depending on the location)
- Supply and demand fluctuations due to a holiday or event
- How far out a date is (close in dates get a last minute discount)
Now let's dive in to the numbered tags in the image above:
- Listing Drop-down: This dropdown allows you to jump to other listing's pricing calendar.
- Minimum, Base, and Maximum Prices: When you first import your listing you'll be able to see the base price calculated by us. Think
of the base price as the average nightly rate for the year - we'll then
fluctuate your rates around this base price based on season,
day-of-week, events/holidays, and how far out a date is.
You can change the base price to bring the recommended prices up or down
(since our price recommendations fluctuate around the base price). We
recommend users to periodically monitor their performance metrics and
update base price if needed. You can also set a lowest and highest price
that we wouldn't go beyond in our recommendations. For more details in setting this up, you can check our guide here. (Watch Video)
- Base Price Help: Our recommendation tool that helps you determine the most appropriate base price for your listing base on your own listing's performance and in contrast with the performance of the market. Read more about this here. (Watch Video)
- Listing Link: This button () easily brings you to your listing page.
- Save & Refresh: Once you enter new lowest/base/highest prices, you can hit the "Save & Refresh" button to allow your changes to reflect in your calendar. (Watch Video)
- Tags: Examples of tags could be anything you fancy - location ("East London") is a common one, but you can also use it to list the address of the property so they can find it quickly with the search function. If you have set nicknames in some management systems, they will be imported to this field. To manage your tags, check our guide here.
- Customizations: Customizations allow you to select the extent of last minute discounting (to get last minute bookings at a discount instead of nights going un-booked) and orphan day discounts (to get bookings on short gaps between two bookings that are harder to fill), and setup rules to dynamically change your min-night settings, along with adjusting your rates automatically based on listing occupancy, seasonality, day of the week.
Once you have reviewed your prices are satisfied with the price recommendations, you can turn on the Sync Prices
toggle so that we can start our daily updates to the listing. If you want the prices to update right away, hit the yellow "Sync Now
" button and allow up to 15 minutes for the prices to update on your listing. (Watch Video)
: Know something that we don't? You can click and drag over dates or click the green "Date Specific Override" button to override our recommended prices and/or min-night restrictions with your own values. From then on we will use this value instead of our recommended prices for those dates. To see a list of all overrides being applied to this listing, including those from the group or account level, click the "Show Date Specific Overrides" link. You can read our full article on setting overrides here
. (Watch Video)
Full Calendar Year: Allows you to have a macro view of your calendar. The full year navigation calendar is displayed at the bottom of usual "monthly" pricing calendar. Displaying the full year calendar (screenshot below) can add 3 to 4 seconds when you review prices for a listing, so we recommend keeping it off to speed things up unless you use it frequently. You can also enable this from the Calendar Settings (see #21).
This neat feature allows you to see how other listings in your area are priced compared to yours, and where they are located, you can access it by clicking the tab next to the calendar tab. You can read our full guide on your listing's Neighborhood Data tab here
. Please note that this can take up to a day to appear after you first review prices for a listing.
These indicators help you better understand the data displayed on your calendar. (Watch Video)
- Market Demand - color coding to show the levels of market demand
- Light green - low demand
- Green - normal demand
- Light blue - good demand
- Dark blue - high demand
- Unavailable - greyed out dates shows the unavailable dates
- Booking Info:
- Check In - dates that have bookings and also a check-in day
- Booked - dates that have bookings
Booking Info indicators are currently only available with the following integrations - 365Villas, Avantio, Beds24, BookingSync, Brightside, Direct, Elina PMS, Eviivo, FantasticStay, Guesty, Hospitable, Hostfully, Hostify, Hostaway, iGMS, Kigo, Lodgix, Lodgify, KrossBooking, LMPM, MyVR, Octorate, OwnerRez, Rentals United, Rentlio, ResHarmonics, Smoobu, Stays, Streamline, SuperControl, Track, Uplisting, VRBO, VReasy
- Unbookable - dates that are not bookable due to min stay or check-in/out restrictions set on PriceLabs
- Min-stay- represents the required length of stay to book a date
- You can disable the Booking Info and Unbookable indicators from the Calendar Advanced Settings (see #21)
- For multi-unit listings, you'll see a pie chart indicator to signify the occupancy-
- Hotel Data: Allows you to view Listing Hotel Data that provides you with valuable insights into the pricing strategies of nearby hotels.
- Tooltip: When you hover on the rates on the calendar, you can see a popup with the reasons as to why a price was recommended. In general you'll see a demand factor and a supply estimate (in terms of occupancy rate in other vacation rentals), along with how rates are adjusted for seasonality and listing occupancy, and any minimum or maximum pricing settings. For more info on this, check our guide here.
- Calendar Months: This drop-down allows you to hop on to any month. (Watch Video)
- Notes: A handy feature to let you add notes for your listings. This can be enabled on the Calendar Settings (see #21).
- Group/Sub Group Customization: A useful feature if you have multiple properties. You can assign each listing to a group so that you can work on a group of properties in one session. You can read more about creating and managing groups here.
- Previous and Next Button: Allows you to view the next and previous listing's pricing calendar.
- Events/Holidays: This cool feature now allows you to see Events, Holidays, and High-demand Dates in your hyperlocal market along with the Average Price set for each date. You can also report any event missing from the list! (Watch Video)
- This feature is currently only available upon request to email@example.com
- Reported events will undergo a review before getting added to the list
- Base Price History: Click here to see a table of the changes to your minimum, base, and maximum rates over the time your listing has been on PriceLabs. (Watch Video)
- Calendar Settings: Lets you enable and disable other features from your Pricing Calendar.
- Calendar Settings:
- Full year calendar
- Enable display notes
- Advanced Settings:
- Highlight dates with overrides: Use this to display different levels of date specific overrides (Group, Account and Listing level) on the pricing calendar with a black triangle mark on the top right corner of the date box.
- Show Booking Info: Allows you to enable or disable booking info indicators (see #12)
- Show Unbookable: Allows you to enable or disable unbookable indicators (see #12)
- Hide Previous & Next Month Dates: Allows you to only see the dates of the current month on the calendar
- Download Prices: Click this link to download a CSV file of the current rates and min-stays for this listing. You can also check our guide here for more details.
- Performance Metrics: This helps you stay more informed about how your listings are performing relative to the market easily, and also helps in making adjustments to your settings. This section displays your initial three selections from "Add Metrics" button on the Pricing Dashboard. (Watch Video)
Understanding the PriceLabs Multi Calendar
(Watch our Multi Calendar page Playlist here) The Multi Calendar page allows you to view and set pricing customizations and overrides, toggle sync on or off, perform a manual sync, or save and refresh your listings. Using this page, you can perform ...
At PriceLabs we strive to recommend the best data-driven prices for your vacation rental and Airbnb listings to get bookings and drive revenue. While that works for most hosts and vacation rental managers, we recognize that you may want to customize ...
Getting Started with PriceLabs - A Comprehensive Guide
Welcome to PriceLabs! This article has a step by step guide on understanding PriceLabs, our products, setting up your account and understanding pricing. Every step has links to articles which explain the concept/step in detail. These articles cover ...
Seasonal Pricing Customizations (aka Pricing Profiles)
What are Pricing Profiles and how can they help you? "Pricing Profile" is a feature that we have introduced to solve for specific use-cases for seasonal markets. A "Pricing Profile" is a user-defined set of configuration of Pricing Customizations. ...
What is Dynamic Pricing and how to use it?
Dynamic Pricing: This provides automated daily rate and minimum stay updates based on market data and your listing performance. You can deep dive into how it works here. We analyze each listing and recommend daily rates based on several factors. We ...