You can add a date-specific override to your listing using one of two ways: by clicking and dragging to select your dates, or by clicking the green Date Specific Override button to the right of the calendar which will open a smaller calendar where you can click your start and end dates.
Date-specific pricing factors to adjust prices for events and seasons
- Fixed: (available only at listing level): you choose your own price for those dates. This price can go outside the lowest/highest price boundary since you're entering your own price, pricing adjustments will no longer apply to a date with a fixed price override in palce.
- % of base price: (available only at group/account level as a replacement for "Fixed" option above): Entering "-10" means you want a price that's 10% lower than the base price of a listing for those dates. This price can go outside the lowest/highest price boundary since you're effectively entering your own price. This price will now be static (no last minute adjustment, etc).
- % of recommended price: Entering "-10" means you want a price that's 10% lower than our recommended price for a listing for those dates. This price will not go outside the lowest/highest price boundary. This price will continue to be dynamic since our recommendations will incorporate new information, and apply last minute discounts and other adjustments.
- Date-specific min-stay value for events and seasons: Note that these settings can be overridden in case there is an orphan day gap and you have setup a rule for that. As an example, if you setup min-stay of 4 for a season, but a gap of 2 unbooked days gets created due to other bookings, this gap can be filled with a 2-day minimum if you have set it up that way.
- Date-specific maximum and minimum price: Just like price adjustments, you can also specify a different maximum and/or minimum price for certain dates using these options.
Once entered, the listing calendar will look like the image below:
Group and account-level date-specific overrides
If you have many listings then making date-specific adjustments for holidays or events to each listing one by one might be pretty time consuming. In such cases, we highly recommend using the account/PMS-level date-specific overrides (or group-level date specific overrides if you have different sets of properties needing different changes!), you can find this on the Customization page
. The screenshots below shows the two available account override options. This arrow points towards where to find existing date-specific overrides on the account level.
If you click on the other option, "Update Overrides", you can then add or edit the existing date specific overrides
This opens up a calendar where you can click and drag over multiple dates or click "Add" to open a modal similar to the on the listing view allowing you to choose dates and add customizations.
When you've finished the account or group level calendar will look like the one in the image below:
Now when you review prices for a listing, you can hover over these dates on the calendar, and the popup will show that you have an account level custom pricing factor being applied (you might have to click "Save/Refresh" button to recalculate prices using the newly set rules). As always, if a date has both account level and listing level date-specific overrides, then the listing level rules are used. When reviewing prices for a listing, you can also click on the "Date Specific Overrides" green button at the right corner to see what listing, group or account level overrides are in place.The modal will show all the listing, group and account level overrides that are in place for this listing.
The modal will show all the listing, group, and account level overrides that are in place for this listing.
You can do the same using the "Show overrides" buttons on the Customizations page
to see account- and group-level overrides without having to scroll through the calendar!