When to use mapping:
There are two cases in which mapping can be used:
1. Same listing on two or more different channels/PMS’es:
If you are using PriceLabs to update prices & minimum stay for a listing on two channels (say your PMS & Airbnb or two PMS'), you would want the two channels to have similar rates for your listing. Also, you don't want to do double the effort required to maintain pricing for both properties.
2. Same-PMS mapping:
You can use this feature if these two conditions are satisfied:
1. The listings that need to be mapped are in the same location
2. You want the listings to have identical rates and settings, as mapping ensures that all your pricing and customizations are copied over to all the mapped listings.
This feature needs to be enabled from the backend. Please email us at email@example.com
to enable it for your account.
Example of a use case for Same-PMS mapping: If a certain user has an apartment with four separate rooms, which are individually listed on Airbnb, they can map these rooms with each other to maintain the same rates for all of them.
Do note that if you opt for Same-PMS mapping, the child listings will be charged $4.49/month/child listing.
Parent and Child Definition
Before we start mapping things it would be helpful to know the difference between a parent and a child listing:
- Parent listing is your main listing on one portal and will be the primary listing when using PriceLabs
- Child listing is a copy of the parent listing on other portals.
Now that we know what parent and child listings are, let's map them!
Do note that to map two listings together they need to have the same location parameters (their lat/long should be same). The Lat/Long information is set in your PMS.
How does mapping listings help?
- It helps us maintain rate parity between similar listings.
- It allows you to set the min/base/max prices, and date-specific customizations on a parent listing and they will be copied over to the child listing(s)
- We bill at a reduced rate for mapped listings. Once you've mapped listings together, we also don't double charge you - billing for child listings is explained in step #5 here
How to Map
In order to map two listings together click the Map Listing button for any list that isn't already mapped to a parent, this listing will be the child listing. Be sure to take a look at the location details for the listings you are planning to map together, they should match or be with one or two digits of each other. If the latitude and longitude of the listings aren't close enough, you'll need to adjust the location settings for your listing in your PMS before mapping can be done (see here
for instructions on finding the correct lat-long for your listing).
Once you've clicked the green Map Listing button, the listings from all other systems will pop-up and you can assign your child its parent by selecting the parent from the available listings shown. Do note the tick boxes at the bottom of this pop-up, unless these are unticked, settings from the parent listing will automatically copy to the child listing once the blue "Map Listing" button is clicked.
A Mapped Listings heading will appear on the page and child listings will show in italics directly beneath the parent listing.
If you head back to the Review Pricing page, you'll see the child listing in italics there as well.
On this page you can also set the base, minimum, and maximum prices for all of your listings from one location. Bonus!
Managing rate parity
Rate parity is maintained by applying your base/min/max settings, listing level customizations, and override settings from your parent listing to the child listing. These settings automatically copy over, so please make sure to untick the boxes if you wish to have different rates between parent and child listings. You can also request to have the pricing offset option
added to your account.
- To adjust base, min, or max prices. Click review prices for the parent listing and on the left panel, next to the calendar, you will see an option to copy prices to child listing.
- To adjust customizations for both listings, simply set the customization on the parent listing and you will see the option to copy the same settings to the child listing. If the save button is clicked while this box is ticked then all customizations set for this listing will copy from the parent to the child listing
- To copy over custom price changes, set the custom prices on parent listing and you will see the option to copy the custom prices to child listing.
Note that all of the copy boxes shown above are checked by default.
Managing Channel Specific commission
When syncing to two channels with different commission structures (say Airbnb and VRBO), you should use pricing offset customization
at the account level from the Customizations Page so your customization settings will apply to all listings at once! Note that if you create pricing offset at child listing level, it might get over written when you try to change parent customization because default action is copy all customizations from Parent to child.