Length of Stay Pricing Adjustments
Length of Stay Pricing is a flexible pricing strategy that takes into consideration the number of nights the guest is planning to stay at the property. Based on the stay length, this customization sets a "Percent" price change on the final Recommended Price (after all other customizations have been applied).
Length of Stay Pricing Adjustment is only available to listings syncing with the following PMSs:
- Rentals United
We will be adding more PMSs in the coming months. If you don't see your PMS on the list, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Common scenarios where it's helpful
- You want to accept shorter bookings at higher rates - e.g. 1 night stays at 30% extra, 2-night stays at 10% more, and so on.
- You want to apply a different discount for longer stays of different lengths - e.g., 7+ night stays at a 10% discount, 14+ night stays at a 15% discount
Note: In many PMSs, weekly and monthly discounts can be used to achieve this even when LOS pricing isn't available
How to add Length of Stay Pricing Adjustments
To apply Length of Stay Pricing Adjustments, just follow the steps below:
- From the Review Prices, click "Edit" on the Customizations panel
- Go to the Advanced Customizations tab and enable the toggle for Length of Stay Pricing Adjustments
- Click "Edit Adjustments"
- Set your preferred adjustments
- All the fields for Premium/Discount are required to be entered (same goes if you enable the Min and/or Max Price)
- The stay length value should be greater than the previous stay length and it uses the "greater than or equal to" logic (ex. for ≥ 1 stay length, if the next stay length is ≥ 5, then the adjustment for ≥ 1 covers 1 to 4 nights)
- The value of the adjustment (Premium/Discount, Min, and Max Price) for a longer stay length should be lower than the previous stay length (ex. you can't have 2-night stays at 20% premium, and 3-night stays at 25% premium)
- Once done, click "Update Changes"
- If you do not see this option in your account, it means this feature is not available for your platform/PMS
- If you have many listings then making Length of Stay Pricing adjustments to each listing one by one might be pretty time-consuming. In such cases, we highly recommend using the Account/PMS-level or Group-level adjustments if you have different sets of properties needing different changes. You can find this on the Customization page.
- This setting is applied on top of all your price customizations, which includes Fixed Price Overrides, Orphan Discounts, etc. This means that the Recommend Price of a listing that uses this customization may go above your Maximum Price or below your Minimum Price.
How the Min Stay Recommendation Engine Works
Back in 2017, we introduced our dynamic min-stay settings, and it was an instant hit! The ability to reduce min-stay settings by lead time and automatically open up gap nights was an additional revenue lever that naturally should have been part of a ...
Pricing Beyond 1.5 Years
By default we send prices for 1.5 years(540 days) for most listings. Not as many bookings are made more than one year in advance which makes it hard for our system to detect events. If we extend price beyond 1.5 years, you should manage pricing and ...
PriceLabs Dynamic Pricing: Billing, Subscription, and Invoices
How does PriceLabs calculate your invoices? PriceLabs is full of features and bells and whistles, but the one thing we've kept simple is our pricing plans; there are no commissions, and in every billing cycle you only get charged for the listings you ...
Setting Dynamic Minimum Stay Restrictions in PriceLabs
Before we get started, users should know that Minimum Stay Restrictions are used to control how long a booking should be on certain dates. These settings should be used with a knowledge of your market, and the kind of bookings you want to get. How ...
Understanding the Pricing Calendar
The calendar shows recommended prices for each available night in the future. You might notice that each day has a different price - and this is the magic of dynamic pricing! In general, the prices fluctuate around the base price (either calculated ...