BookingAnalyzer: Understand Booking Trends in Your Listings
Note: BookingAnalyzer is a stand-alone excel tool that can be downloaded here
It is completely free, and does not require creating an account. It can
help you find actionable trends in your bookings that can increase your
We frequently get requests from property managers about reporting tools that can help them unearth booking trends from their own data. As a result, we created BookingAnalyzer an Excel tool that's easy and free to use!
You can get it for free here - please enter your email towards the bottom and it'll be emailed to you! Even if you don’t
want to make changes or spend time updating your prices – this is just a
cool data to look at for your properties!
HOW TO USE THE TOOL IN 4 SIMPLE STEPS:
Download annual booking data from your PMS/Channel Manager/Airbnb. Order/format the columns in excel as follows:
- Listing ID: This is the listing ID of the property that got the reservation
- Start Date: The check-in date for the reservation
- End Date: The check-out date for the reservation
- Total Amount: The total amount paid for the reservation. If taxes,
cleaning fee, etc are excluded/included, the output metrics will be
- Booked Time: Date when the booking was made.
- Download the BookingAnalyzer excel tool and open it. Delete the
existing example data and paste your data from step #1 into the "Input
data" tab (second tab from left at the bottom of the excel file).
Review the booking trends in the numbered tabs presented through simple graphs
- Seasonal trends: How do bookings vary throughout the year?
- Day of the week trends: How do bookings vary by day of the week?
- Far-out vs Close-in: How many days before the arrival are the booking made?
- Stay length: How long are the bookings for?
- Daily trends: What’s the variation on a daily basis?
An example of the day-of-week trends:
- The top-left chart shows that most bookings tend to start on a Friday.
- The top-right chart shows that Friday-Saturday are the most revenue generating days (no surprises here!)
- The bottom-left chart shows how many times listings were occupied on a particular day. Friday and Saturday are on top here.
- The bottom-right chart shows the average price of a stay during a day of the week.
Use the insights from this analysis to increase your bookings/revenues. As an example, in the chart above:
- Observation: Friday-Saturday are occupied the
most (bottom-left chart), though fewer bookings start on a Saturday than
on Thursday or Friday (top-left chart). Saturdays have high occupancy
mostly because of bookings that start earlier.
- Insight If you have a booking ending on Saturday morning, it can be much harder to fill up that Saturday night
- Action While regular Saturdays are higher demand
and can demand a price premium, if you have a booking ending on Saturday
morning, lower your prices for that Saturday night to increase chances
of getting booked.
You can download this tool for free here.
We hope you find this tool useful in unearthing booking trends that are
hidden in your reservations data. Since each market is unique in its
ways, we're sure you'll find unique and useful insights.
Portfolio Analytics: Spot Actionable Trends In Your Bookings
Note: Portfolio Analytics is available for users of the following PMSs: 365Villas, Airbnb, Apaleo, Avantio, Bedloop, Beds24, Booking Automation, BookingSync, Brightside, CloudBeds, Deskline, Direct, Elina PMS, Escapia, FantasticStay, Guesty, Guesty ...
How to Integrate PriceLabs with Estar Booking
When successfully syncing with Estar Booking, PriceLabs can update prices and minimum stay requirements for your listings for up to 540 days from today (see our article here on extending your pricing calendar beyond that point). Before connecting ...
Understanding the Manage Listings Page
The Manage Listings page lets you easily modify and oversee your listings from one convenient location. You can map or un-map your listings, hide them from view, permanently delete them, or update them in bulk. Read on to understand the various ...
Using a PMS/Channel Manager to list prices to multiple OTAs
At PriceLabs, we have hosts/managers who not only list on Airbnb (which is one of the popular short term rental distribution "channels") and use our integration there, but also those who list their properties on multiple channels (think Booking.com, ...
How to reconnect listings?
Whenever you update your PMS/Channel Manager/OTA's account password, add new listings, or make changes to your listings such as updating the listing name and location, you'd have to reconnect your listings in order for the changes to apply to ...